Bryant Park Towards the east of Kodaikanal lake a 500 metres (1,600 ft)away from the Kodaikanal bus stand, is a fantastically maintained botanical garden spread across 20.5 acres (8.3 ha). The Bryant Park was designed and developed in 1908 by a forest officer from Madurai, H.D.Bryant, the same was named after him later. The Bryant Park is a rainbow of dazzling flowers during the peak season having 325 species of trees, shrubs and cactuses. The major section of Bryant Park is dedicated to nearly 740 varieties of roses. There is a Eucalyptus tree since 1857 and a Bodhi tree which adds a spiritual importance to the Bryant Park. Decorative plants are cultivated in the nursery for sale. The Bryant Park arranges for horticultural exhibitions and flower shows every summer, which coincides with the peak season. Entrance fee to the park is nominal and is open all through year.
A horticultural show organized by the Horticulture department during every summer as part of the summer festival. Enormous vegetables and flowers from neighboring villages compete for the prizes, on this occasion which draws big crowd. The exhibition comprises of flowers, vegetables, fruits and other items. It serves as a practical education centre for students on Ornamental Horticulture providing a clear illustration. The students are taught about the different methods pruning, budding, grafting, potting seed collection etc, at times to the visitors too.